Monday, June 29, 2009

Ten Things You Can Do for the Unity of the Church

This Thursday I'm leading a workshop titled "Ten Things You Can Do for the Unity of the Church" in connection with the General Assembly of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship in Houston, Texas. I hope I'll see a few readers of this blog there, especially some of my former students from Campbell University Divinity School. Here's the published workshop description:

"By all accounts, the modern ecumenical movement is not moving much. Despite dramatic breakthroughs in the past few decades, the quest for a visibly united church now meets with indifference by many, impatience by some, and outright hostility by others. Come learn what the members and ministers of local Baptist churches can do for the unity of the church as the ecumenical movement’s most important participants."

Since this is an adaptation of chapter 4 in my forthcoming book Ecumenism Means You, Too: Ordinary Christians and the Quest for Christian Unity, I'll not post the text of my remarks here. But a day or two after the workshop, I will post links to some of the resources I'll mention in the presentation.

2 comments:

  1. Will be there with bells on. And so will the only living Michael Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And former Duke students, too! Look forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete